Thursday, March 8, 2012

Temptation .. I loathe you.

Good morning! So, my adorable 6 year old, who KNOWS he has momma wrapped around his pinkie, came into my room this morning in the most sweetest voice asking "Momma, could you PLEASE make chocolate chip pancakes." That turd!! He HAD to request my FAVORITE breakfast food. But how could I say no? I mean, look at him!!


So I did, I made my little man his breakfast request and I stared temptation in the eye. Now TODAY, I am proud of myself. Not one bite. Not one chocolate nibble. Although, these pancakes were probably the fasted pancakes I have ever made in my life. I think most of the time my eyes were closed. hahaha!! But I whipped them out, cleaned up and got my breakfast cereal.


THIS (photo below) is what I had. Oh man, SO GROSS!! How does my husband eat this? He chows down on it every morning like its frootloops. 
With the passion he displays every morning while eating this, it intrigued me. So since I couldn't have what I REALLY wanted I felt adventurous and decided to try it. Folks. Its absolutely no different then taking the cardboard box, shredding it into bite size pieces and then adding milk. No flavor, weird texture. 3 bites later and I was done. I think in a few I may go ahead and make myself my usual eggs and spinach because BLAH.. that was nasty!!! All the power to him if he enjoys this but it over exceeded my "healthy" food limit. haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment