Monday, March 12, 2012

Devon, my handsome son, went riding to the store with me... it was fun!!


Ok, I am starting this workout by my FB friend Katrina Delafonte. The first week I am suppose to do this..

Straight 12 minute cardio workout for the next 5 days, recommend twice a day. Double up on sweats, top and bottom. The challenge is to perform the exercise per the noted time, one after the other. NO BREAKS!!! You are to fit in as many reps as possible in the time given for that exercise. Push yourself.
1min - Step in place (knees up)
1min - Fast step - Lay down Face down Jump up
1min - Frog Jump Ups - See photo example
1min - Step in place (knees up)
30sec - Push ups
30sec - Full sit ups
30sec - Push ups
30sec - Full sit ups
30sec - Push ups
30sec - Full sit ups
1min - Step in place (knees up)
1min - Run backwards
1min - Jump Ups
1min - Crunches
1min - Step in place (knees up)

Then I am pairing it with the Michael Thurmond diet plan. I took the online quiz and found that I am C. My friend (Bekki) had already purchased the whole set so she told me all the foods I am allowed to eat and how to eat them. Here is a quick overview.. 

Eat every 2/3 hours
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
PM snack- optional

(You can pick from the three, Easy meal, Gourmet meal and Rapid meal)

Breakfast
Easy- 2 egg whites 1/2c oat meal 1/2 apple/banana
Gourmet- veggie omelet (green peppers, onions basil) 1/2c hash browns, fresh fruit salad
Rapid- 3 eggs whites, 1c greens or 1/2 grapefruit

Mid morning
Easy- 2oz chicken/turkey small potato
Gourmet- baked chicken fingers and fries
rapid- 3oz turkey breast 1/2c greens

Lunch
Easy- 2oz chicken 1/2c brown rice 1-2c mixed veggies
Gourmet chili stuffed potato & green salad (ground turkey, onions, bell peppers, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, chili seasoning)
rapid- 2oz chicken 1/2 brown rice 1-2c mixed veggies

Mid afternoon snack-
Easy- 2oz chicken 1 small apple
Gourmet- Cajun shrimp kabob, zucchini red peppers onions and mushrooms 1/2 rice
rapid- 3oz fresh tuna 1-2c greens

Dinner
Easy - 2oz chicken, small potato 1-2c veggies 
Gourmet- chicken sauteed garlic white wine, steamed asparagus and garlic mashed
Rapid- 2-3oz lean turkey 2c greens

PM snack- optional-
Easy- 1/2 mixed berries
Gourmet- pouched pears with cinnamon and cloves
Rapid- whole Grape Fruit


She's so awesome! She even gave me the list of foods I CAN eat so that I can substitute to make different meals. I think I can really do this! I'm VERY excited to finally get into tip top shape. I feel good today. Although my diet hasn't been the "best" today but I'm going shopping tomorrow and will jump on the diet right away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment